Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eat and Grow

When my boy isn't eating his food I look at him and say, "you need to eat so you can be BIG and STRONG."  He smiles at me and tries to copy my flexing gesture, and begins to eat.  I was thinking about that this morning.  The whole idea that if he didn't eat, he really would begin to get weaker and weaker.  He needs food to grow and he needs it for strength 

Well, when I think about my spiritual life, I truly want to grow.  But if I am honest, I often don't want to eat.  I just want it to happen: no effort, no energy...just happen.  But that isn't how things work.  That is only the way our selfish and lazy minds work.  We want something, but don't want to put the work into getting it.  Ponder this idea.  Ask yourself what you are truly after.  If you truly desire God, than no amount of work, pain, or struggle will side track you from pursuing him.  But if what you are after is your own good, than you might just find laziness more appealing than God himself.

You need to eat your (spiritual) food so you can be BIG and STRONG!  Feed yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment